What is The Open University
and what does it do?
The Open University of the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
- is a new initiative of the oldest university in Lublin, which is also one of the oldest universities in Poland
- is the first enterprise of this kind in Lublin and the first one in Poland which provides education for children as well as for adults and also has a range of courses especially for people from abroad
- meets society’s expectations concerning lifelong education
- enables everyone to gain and extend advanced knowledge, regardless of their age, education or place of residence
- makes it possible to study many fields of knowledge without any entrance exams
- guarantees diverse and appealing activities – everyone can find something interesting, according to their needs, interests and dreams
- popularizes the latest achievements of science
- prepares children and teenagers to work towards the highest and non-standard goals, beyond the rules of formal education.
What does The Open University offer?
- courses and open lectures for adults
- lectures and workshops for children, teenagers and whole families
- themed programmes for people from abroad (including the Polish diaspora)
- excursions in Poland and abroad
- educational programmes for companies and institutions.
Who can study at The Open University?
- teenagers and children over 6
- Polish residents and people from abroad.